Thursday, January 26, 2012

Simple generic cards

These two cards are so easy to make, but in my opinion look great and can be used in so many scenarios! Think Birthdays, Get well cards, Congratulations, Thank you etc. I used both of these for birthday cards for two female friends.

To make the 'petal' shapes, I cut a square out of some Kaisercraft patterned paper and then rounded the opposite two corners using a Fiskars corner rounder. The only thing to be careful of here is to make sure that you round the right two corners so that you can position the petal with the right rotation.

For the first card, I used four different types of patterned paper from the 'Blushed' range to create four different petals. I then attached them to some shiny blue cardstock that I had run through my Sizzex Bigshot in the Quickutz Vines embossing folder.  Along the bottom, I attached some sheer white ribbon and then three small pre-cut pale pink flowers from Kaisercraft.

For the second card, I used four different types of patterned paper from the 'Empire' range of Kaisercraft paper to create six different petals. I positioned these on the card and attached a brad between four of these to help give the impression that the top four petals were part of a flower. These were positioned on some textured straw yellow cardstock that I had run through on the Quickutz Vines embossing folder in the Bigshot. For something different, I put the paper upside down so that the pattern was depressed rather than raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment